Content creation is an art and when it comes to moto vlogging it becomes more complicated without the best motovlog setup. Yes, that’s right. You are not just riding the vehicle but also creating something amazing out of your journey that viewers love watching.
Like a typical vlog, you can’t carry a camera, mic, and tripod in your hands which is why moto vlogging is slightly different and need special equipment to carry your passion.
With proper planning and preparation, you can easily set up your bike and create powerful content and gain popularity on social media.
When done right, the result is a memorable and highly shareable video that can be marketed to create a revenue through YouTube.
THE BEST MOTOVLOG SETUP
Here is The list of the few best motovlog setup equipments such as a Camera, Camera Mount, Microphone, and Video editor that are necessary to have while going for an adventurous ride on your motorcycle.
NOTE: It is important to be aware of the safety considerations. When it comes to safety, it is not just about the gear you are wearing and what you are riding. The helmet is the primary object of your whole journey not for the video recording purpose but for your safety itself.
The camera is the one and the only equipment that you should choose carefully because there are so many cameras on the market DSLR, SLR, 360, Action Camera, and smartphones.
DSLR and SLR cameras are good to record stable indoor videos, Interviews, or YouTube videos.
Smartphones are now becoming more compact with having so many advanced quick features and even some big YouTube creators use their iPhones to vlog.
Action cameras are the number one choice to record outdoor, adventurous, sports, and thrill activities is the best to shoot your adventure ride with it, even in deep water.
• Resolution: you should always look for the best and highest possible resolution in your budget. There are 720p to 4k resolution cameras available but it all depends on your need and budget.
• Easy to Mount: while choosing an action camera have a look at its specs and see if it has well mount attachment support so that you can mount it to your helmet. Most action camera comes with the mount support space because it is necessary for everyone to use a camera for outdoor, adventure, surfing, and so on.
• External Mic connector: while riding it won’t be possible to record your own audio with an inbuilt camera’s mic. DSLR, SLR, Action Cam, and smartphones always come with an external mic port. But You may need to buy an adapter to connect a wireless microphone.
Best Motovlog Camera Setup
GoPro HERO9 Black
- You can Record 5K Ultra HD Videos
- LCD Touch Rear Screen Display
- Perform 1080p Live Streaming
- Click 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto
- Get HyperSmooth Stabilization
- Record mesmerizing time-lapse scenes
- Even Record Waterproof Down to 33ft
2. CAMERA MOUNT
A camera mount is an attachment for cameras to keep it sable that can be mounted anywhere on your Helmet while riding to record the whole journey. It is easy to attach to your bike or scooter, making it convenient and easy to take pictures, and record videos without having to hold the camera.
A camera mount can attach to almost any camera, so you can take your camera with you on the go, or attach it to the camera of one of your models.
There are 4 different kinds of camera mounting options on a helmet, depending on which one you choose to attach.
- Chin mount – It is a quick and easy way to mount your camera to your chin, and it doesn’t take up too much space.
- Side mount – It can be used to film videos while riding a bike, skateboarding, etc. Can be attached to the left or right side of the helmet.
- Top mount – If you love taking cinematic shots, you’ll want a mount that is easy to use, has a wide range of adjustments, and has a clear view of the road. The top Camera mount would be the best choice.
- Chest mount – This is a body wearable for camera attachment that can be worn after your clothes. You can mount your action camera or phone while tracking, Riding, or adventure.
People watch your videos because of the adventurous ride, places, and most importantly your thoughts and story on the journey for which you need a crystal clear voice to reach your audience.
This all can’t be possible without a high-quality microphone that you can set to your helmet.
The most common type of microphone is the dynamic or condenser microphone, which is by far the most popular type.
There are many kinds of microphones but mainly you have to choose one between wired and wireless.
Wired – Use a lapel mic that can be attached either directly to the body or cloth easily.
Wireless – There are 3 main types of wireless mic handheld, plug-in, and bodypack. The bodypack mic is great for vlogs.
Best Motovlog Mic Setup
Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel
- Full Microphone Kit For Vlogging
- Compatible with Almost Every Device
- Durable, Lightweight, and Discreet
- No Batteries are Required to Use it
- A Long 9.8ft (3m) Extension Cord
- For Vlogging, Motovlogging, Filmmaking
4. CARRY BAG
Bag packs are a great way to carry multiple items on the go. Whether you need to carry a laptop, camera, and a lunchbox, or just your equipment and a water bottle, bag packs are a great way to carry your items in a safe and convenient way.
This is for the safety purposes of all your essentials. You can have a regular laptop bag pack to keep all your personal and motovlog setup kit when not in use.
• Travel bag – A travel bag pack is an inexpensive, practical, and convenient way to carry all of your travel essentials. It saves space in your luggage, is easy to pack, and keeps everything you need in one place. A travel bag pack is a great option for anyone who travels often.
• Laptop Bag – The Bag Pack is the perfect pack for carrying your MacBook, iPad, or even a laptop on the go. It comes with a shoulder strap that can be attached to the back of the bag. allow you to wear the bag as a backpack for a more hands-free option.
• Gear Side Bag for Bike – It can also be used for carrying your helmet, gloves, and food, without having to worry about dropping them. A gear side bag can also be used for carrying your bike tools. You can easily install a side of your motorcycle following some easy installation instructions.
5. VIDEO EDITOR
This is the icing on the cake or every motovlog setup. A video editor is an app that allows you to easily make and edit videos.
There are many features that come with a video editor, including the ability to add text, music, transitions, and more.
The most important feature, however, is the ability to add filters to your videos. Filters can be used to make your videos more aesthetically pleasing.
In addition, the software is great for slow-motion and fast-motion videos.
You can use an app on your laptop or even go for an online video editor that is easier and more compact for any device through the browser.
• Make sure the video editor is compatible to import, edit and export video in your desired resolution (720p, 1080p, 2k, 4k)
• Does it has a free-to-use music Library to use in videos without being worried about copyright strike.
• Does the edit has cool transition, effects, and text fonts
• look if it has a huge media library including stickers, emoji, template, etc
MotoVlog Setup FAQ
GoPro HERO9 Black Is currently the best motovlog camera that allows you to record videos in 5k resolution as well as you can go live at 1080p Quality. The camera had a touch display, which can be used underwater Down to 33ft.
Action cameras are the best for Bike Vlogging because there are more durable, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to mount on helmets.
Watch This Tutorial Video By Teapotone “How to Setup Motovlog Helmet”
So that was our best motovlog setup equipment list that you should have while riding your adventure journey on a bike. See some gifting ideas for youtube vloggers to know more.
All these gears are going to play a huge role in your vlogging journey that’ll attract people watching your videos to be with you in your journey.
Give Priority to all safety equipment first than for your desired photo and videography equipment.
If you think there’s something mission in this list that other bloggers should have before going for a moto ride, Do comment below.
We’ll read all your comments and see if it is necessary, then will add them to this list.
Have fun Your Journey!