Youtube App is great but not made for creators. You can upload videos from the app but can’t edit, Change, customize, Upload or add things as we do on desktop. So the most asked question is “How to add a thumbnail to YouTube video on android?“, especially in 2021 when youtube has millions of creators.
Well! there are actually 2 ways that you should follow to Change/ customize your youtube videos title, tags, description & cover image too.
Thumbnail is the cover of youtube video tells people what the video is about, that attract them to click & watch video.
The Thumbnail should be relevant to the topic & well customized, such as dimensions, size, format, aspect ratio.
Best practices to have a great thumbnail:
|Resolution||1280×720 (minimum width of 640 pixels)|
|Image Format||JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG|
How to Add Thumbnail To Youtube Video on Android?
As said there are 2 genuine & easy ways to do that 1st is using the youtube studio app & 2nd is Youtube Desktop mode in phone’s browser.
But before moving forward your channel should be eligible to add a custom thumbnail that requires phone verification.
Here you can see a comparison between verified & non-verified channels feature.
|Non-Verified (Default)||Verified Channel (Additional Features)|
|Video uploads||Videos longer than 15 minutes|
|Playlist creation||Custom thumbnails|
|Add collaborators to playlists||Live streaming|
|Add new videos to existing playlists||Appealing Content ID claims|
It’s mandatory to verify your youtube channel with a phone number otherwise you won’t be able to add a custom thumbnail to your videos.
1st. Upload Thumbnail Youtube Studio App
If you are a starter or a phone user that then it’s highly recommended for you to install the youtube studio android or ios app on your device. Specially created for creators by youtube itself.
There are lots of features that a creator needed to customize, modify, or optimize their channel or a video. Whether we talk about Tittle, Tag, Description, Analytics, & so on.
- Open youtube Studio app
- Tap ≡ Menu, go to videos
- click video to get more options
- See a ✎ pen icon to edit video elements
- Again tap ✎ icon over video to customize thumbnail
- Choose one of three auto generated or a custom from device
- Once done save to apply changes
2nd. Customize in Browser Desktop Mode
Let’s see 2nd way to upload a thumbnail on youtube on android using a phone browser in youtube desktop mode.
- Go to Google chrome (any) browser
- Open youtube & login account
- tap ⁝ men option in browser
- select ‘desktop Site’ to access full feature mode
- click channel icon, visit youtube studio
- Now tap ‘Content’ just after dashboard icon
- Click video title to customize
- See a ✎Pen icon for edits video elements
- After that, find thumbnail section (after description)
- Tap ‘Upload Thumbnail’ & select pic from device
- Once done click save to apply settings
Now your custom image is set as a video thumbnail. It May take few seconds, but you don’t need to anything just save & it’ll be automatically applied. For more in-depth understanding, here I’ve recommended a video for you.
Add Thumbnail To Youtube Video on Android By DIGITAL RAJ
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Youtube gives some default features to everyone but in order to use additional features, you may be asked for phone verification. Just select country, put your phone number & verify using a code/OTP.
2. In case you already have an unverified youtube channel so just visit Stats & features to verify or enable the custom thumbnails option.
Canva, Picsart, Pixellab are the most common Apps that YouTubers use for thumbnails. Canva is an online tool that is available in both an app & website form.
- Add Social Media Links to Youtube Channel
- Make Your YouTube Channel Look Professional
- To Make YouTube Channel Private | Hide Channel
- Top 10 Best Apps For YouTubers Android
So this some best practices to Create, Upload, Change or add Thumbnail To Youtube Video on Android or iPhone. Just follow these step-by-step processes with your video to customize the video’s custom thumbnail image.